Atlantis Fellowship: The Application Process
The admissions process is approached with sincere respect for you. We look forward to hearing your story and about your passion for the medical vocation. Students are encouraged to be genuine in their application. This is a time to think deeply about who you are and why you have chosen the medical path. Have confidence in what you have done and trust where you are going.
Admissions are rolling, but placements are limited. We encourage you to apply sooner rather than later if you are seriously considering the Atlantis Fellowship. Follow the instructions below to begin the application process. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantis Fellowship.
- Eligibility requirements:
- You must be 18 years old when your program begins.
- You have graduated from high-school, and are enrolled in or graduated from a college/university that is located in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, or Australia.
- You are in good standing with the latest college/university in which you were enrolled.
- You are enrolled in any degree program on a path leading to a health related career.
- You have not graduated from college/university before December 2015, unless (1) you are currently in another health-related degree program or (2) you are preparing for another health-related degree.
- Complete online application. Beyond basic personal information and your academic record, the application includes several short essay questions and asks for two references.
- Interview with Admissions. Successful candidates are invited to interview with a member of our Admissions team within 2-3 weeks of submitting the online application. This will be a 20-30 minute phone or video call during which we will assess your potential fit for a placement in the Atlantis Fellowship. Keep in mind, when applications open there may be a longer wait time between application submission and interview schedule.
- Offer of Admission. Within 3 weeks of interviewing, successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance and placement in an upcoming Atlantis Fellowship and we will discuss your placement deadlines and fees.
We look for students who are passionate about deepening their vocation for medicine and healthcare.
2016 PLACEMENTS RAN OUT IN MARCH.
2017 PLACEMENTS MAY RUN OUT SOONER.
When is the deadline to apply?
There is no deadline to apply. Admissions are rolling, but placements are limited. Applications will close when placements have been filled.
Can I change my location/date preferences after I submit the application?
We are happy to update your application after submission. However, once accepted, making any changes to your location and/or dates will be subject to availability.
What do you look for in a candidate?
We look for students who are passionate about serving in the medical field and are committed to academic excellence, leadership, and a lifetime of service.
* For more information on program locations, click here.
* Click here to read our Program FAQ.