How many study abroad organizations are dedicated to thinking only about pre-meds?
Schools like the University of Delaware, an Atlantis Project partner with the oldest study-abroad program in the United States, partner with us to coordinate logistics and operations for group Fellowships. Another example is Brigham Young University, which chose us to run a pre-med study abroad Fellowship in Spain and Portugal in 2017. We develop Fellowships that help our Fellows succeed both within the medical profession and beyond. In 2014, 2015, and 2016 we had students representing over 200 universities throughout the United States, including all of top-20 American universities.
We can build a hospital shadowing Fellowship that fits your university.
The Atlantis Project is the perfect university break shadowing-abroad opportunity for a group of pre-med undergraduates from your school. Learn more below about how we can design overseas hospital shadowing Fellowships for your school, faculty-led or not.
Contact Eike Gundersen, our Director of Institutional Relations. Eike is located with our team in the Washington, D.C. area and she can be reached at this email or using the button below: eike(at)atlantis-project.org
2017-2018 University Group Programs
- The University of Delaware will take 18 students and 2 faculty members to Zaragoza, Spain for a 3-week hospital shadowing Fellowship in January 2017.
- The University of Connecticut will bring 9 students and a faculty member to Almansa, Spain in winter 2017.
- Eckerd College will take 13 students and a faculty member to Ourense, Spain for 2 weeks in winter 2017.
- Brigham Young University has confirmed two 4-week Fellowships in May 2017 for 10-12 pre-med students. One program will be hosted in Spain and one in Portugal.
- Chatham University will bring 16 students and 2 faculty members to Spain for 2 weeks in May 2017.
- The University of Arizona has approved two 5-week Fellowships in Spain for 10 students each in summer 2017, with a medical Spanish language component.
Informally approved (2017)
- We are working with a major private university on the East Coast to build a 6-week Fellowship in Spain in summer 2017 for 8-10 students.
- We are working with a major public university in the Midwest to build a 6-week summer Fellowship in Spain in summer 2017 for 10-15.
- We are working with a major public university in the Mid-Atlantic region to build a 3-week Fellowship in Spain in summer 2017 for 15 students.
- We are working with a major public university in the Northeast to build an 8-week Fellowship in Spain in summer 2017 for 8-10 student
- The University of Delaware will take 18 students and 2 faculty members to Trieste, Italy for a 3-week hospital shadowing Fellowship in January 2018.